Tuesday, August 09, 2011

My Refuge

Composed:  August 23, 2003 5:30PM
                   YFC West Sector, Combuild
                   Maasin Elementary School
                   Zamboanga City

I know I've been so foolish and acted so dumb
My spirit is weak and I feel so numb
Now in your loving arms I want to come
I want to reach for you, just even for your thumb.

To feel safe and be loved is what I wanted
From you whose love has never once ended
The horrors of this world makes me feel unwanted
I feel so weak, hopeless and devastated

But as long as I know that you are here
No matter how dark this world gets, I have nothing to fear
You were always there for me even when I was still a little seed
In this world, your love is all I need.


Note: This poem was inspired by the sunset and the YFC activity that we had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment