Tuesday, August 09, 2011

An Englishman's Nightmare (Based on a true story)

Written by: Leo Lagnason
                  July 11, 2004
                 12:50AM

I woke up and you were on my mind,
Thinking of the way that it used to be;
All this time, how could I be so blind
From the things that bothered me?


Breakfast was served but I couldn't eat,
I thought, "maybe you've run along with Pete"
Mom said, "Oh, look! Here comes your friend Nate!
Better hurry, or you'll both be late"

At school, I went directly to my locker,
I tried but I just could not find you.
Varied books and notes were still in order,
You're lost! I was beginning to think that it's true.

My day went as badly as I thought it would be,
But nobody else was to be blamed, except for me.
 I got low scores on all of my majors
This is not fun anymore, this is torture!

Yesterday, you were still within my grasp.
I'm longing for you now, I need to find you fast.
I'm lost for words and it makes me weary
I'm desperate! Where are you, my dictionary?!


Note: This was originally entitled as "Elegy for something special". I wrote this when my THESAURUS  had gone missing two days after it was bought. However, the poem stated DICTIONARY. hehehehe... But i found it after a week. A girl returned it to me. I seem to have left it in the classroom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment